This website is operated by NORWAYEXCURSIONS.COM and our booking system is powered by Trekksoft AG. Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to NORWAYEXCURSIONS.COM. We offer this website, powered by NORWAYEXCURSIONS.COM, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation. If anything is found out of place in accordance to the GDPR we would greatly appreciate that you would please contact us and inform us immeaditaly so we can accordingly correct any errors.
Section 1 – What data do we collect when you visit our website?
When accessing our website www.norwayexcursions.com the browser that you use will automatically send information to NORWAYEXCURSIONS.COM server, located in Frankfurt, Germany and hosted at Siteground and proxied through Cloudflare in USA. The servers of our booking software provider, TrekkSoft, are located in Europe (Zurich, Switzerland and AWS Europe). According to TrekkSoft’s GDPR processes, we can anonymize personal customer data (but not delete) when requested. This information is stored temporarily in a so-called log file. The following information is recorded and stored until automatically deleted through data rentention (26 months after receiving the data):
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference compared to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Data volume transmitted
- Website from which the request emanates
- Operating system and its interface
- Browser software language and version.
- Visited websites
- Duration of visit
- Region (City and country)
- Age and Sex
- Internet Service Provider
When you browse our website, we automatically receive the above mentioned information in order to provide us with enough data that helps us to learn and improve our website guests experience. When you browse our website, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Section 2 – What personal data do we collect in the booking process or when inquiring about an excursion?
- Main contact – Full name
- Main contact – Email
- Main contact – Zip code, city and country
- Main contact – Total number of the guests
- Main contact – Phone number
- Main contact – If you are travelling on a cruise ship and if so the name of the cruise ship
- Main contact – If you are staying in a hotel and if so the name of the hotel
- Main contact – Additional Information (e.g. food restrictions, allergies, other important information etc.)
- Main contact – We ask you „Please select your preferred language of your guide.“
- Main contact – We ask you „How did you hear about us?“
When you purchase excursions through our website, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the above mentioned personal data. This personal data is collected to help us provide you the best possible service for example avoiding confusion regarding our meeting point, delayed arrival, in case of lost and found items, information about allergies, information about wheelchair requirements and being able to contact next of kin in case of an emergency.
Section 3.1 – How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order or return a purchase, we assume that you give us your consent to collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
When we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
Section 3.2 – How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in and you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, by contacting us through our online request form at any time.
Section 4 – Disclosure
- In no shape or form do we provide third party about our customers personal data with one exception and that is if it is required by law in general (fraud, illegal activities, court orders, subpoenas, defending against claims or something similar to this).
- Our guides have limited access to personal data where they need first and last name of travellers among meeting point, additional information and preferred language of the excursion. Guides are also allowed to take bookings on the spot through Trekksoft´s app and therefore they may handle directly with your personal data. After booking they do not have access to your personal data in details.
- It is our strict policy that under no circumstances our staff members are allowed to accept or receive credit card information through phone/email. This kind of information is immediately deleted.
- Only the legal owners of NORWAYEXCURSIONS.COM have full access to all personal data that is collected through our website
Section 5 – Conversion tracking data
We use Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Google Tag manager and Facebook Pixel´s to extract conversion data or to extract data that may lead to conversions. Conversion tracking is the process of identifying and recording the actions of people who visit and navigate through web sites. Conversion tracking usually operates by placing cookies on the visitor’s computer when they visit specific web pages and take certain actions (such as purchasing an item). The purpose is to discover when, where and how many times the visitor has viewed and interacted with the web page(s) and if they take a desired action like placing an order online.
Section 6 – Cookies
Cookies are small files that are stored by your Web browser to help a particular system recognize you and the pages you visited in a Web site. The Web Site uses „cookies“ to make your online experience more convenient. For example, we use a cookie to store your login information between sessions and to maintain information about the quotes that you’ve requested during your session. This cookie is set when you register or „Log In“ and is modified when you „Log Out“ of our services;
Section 7 – Payment
The payment gateway on our website is operated by Trekkpay which is owned by Trekksoft AG. Credit card data is only stored as long as it is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). When the purchase is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
Section 8.1 – Third Party Services
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
Section 8.2 – Links
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Section 9 – Security
To protect your personal data, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with an 2048-bit encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Section 10 – Age of Consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
Questions and Contact information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us through our online request form.
15. January 2016
15. January 2017 – Section 4 renamed from Adwords to Conversion tracking data and the text was also adjusted to give a broader idea on conversion tracking
03. April 2020 – Data regarding payment provider, booking system and NORWAYEXCURSIONS.COM server updated
12. September 2020 – Owner and partner/operator details updated.
09. January 2021 – Payment gateway details changed and booking system operator details changed.